Important Update Regarding BIMM Auditions/Interviews
BIMM Institute takes great pride in the value our applicants gain from their auditions or interviews when conducted with a BIMM assessor in one of our colleges. It’s an opportunity for us to get to know you and learn about your aspirations, as well as discussing the course content and possible career routes.
While our colleges are closed due to government directive regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have developed our remote audition offering and are pleased to be able to host live auditions with a BIMM assessor via Zoom – an online platform which has both video and audio capabilities over a Wi-Fi connection. We have chosen Zoom due to its user-friendly nature and it ensures that BIMM remains compliant with our GDPR responsibilities.
A step-by-step guide to your BIMM Audition/Interview via Zoom
1. We are still conducting auditions and interviews but instead of coming into one of our colleges, we are using Zoom – an online video platform. It’s similar to Skype, FaceTime and WhatsApp Video – it’s also VERY easy to use.
2. Our Admissions Team will book your slot and send you a booking confirmation email. In this email, you will find guidelines on how to prepare for your audition/interview and how Zoom works.
3. If your application requires a recording, demo submission or presentation, you will need to send it to our Admissions Team before your audition/interview. This is to ensure that your assessor receives it and can conduct a smooth audition/interview. Full details of where and how to submit these files will be in your booking confirmation email.
4. Within your audition/interview time, the BIMM assessor will host the Zoom session and email you a link to join. Simply click the link and it will take you to your Zoom audition/interview.
For more information on Zoom, please click here.
Applicants who are unable to facilitate a video call, or do not wish to have a live video audition/interview, can opt to use our BIMM Remote Audition submission.
Remote Audition/Interview Submissions
If you do not wish to have a live video audition/interview, or are unable to, we also offer a remote audition/interview submission.
The remote audition/interview process is very simple. You will be satisfying the same requirements as you would for a live audition/interview, but instead, you just send your work to us within a two-week deadline and a BIMM assessor will mark it, give a recommendation to yourself and our Admissions Team and provide feedback via email.
If you would like to choose this method of audition/interview, please contact the BIMM Admissions Team who can send you detailed guidelines on what you need to prepare and how to submit it.
Zoom Audition Guidelines
Our Zoom audition guides will help you prepare for your Zoom Audition. It is important that you read each section to give yourself the best chance of obtaining a recommendation for your chosen course.
Please note that we require you to have already made a booking for an audition or interview before submitting any supporting material as requested within the guidelines below.
Audition. The word alone can be enough to make your palms sweat. And no wonder, those next 30 minutes could make or break your career.
It’s normal to be nervous and we don’t want your audition anxiety to prevent you from bringing your ‘A’ game.
Here’s our guide to acing your audition…
- Ensure you receive an email confirmation of your booking – if you don’t… please contact us.
- Read the audition guidelines you’re emailed THOROUGHLY! They’re there for a reason, and this way you won’t get caught out.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse – this is your time to shine, so make sure you’re prepared and can perform without lyrics or lead sheets.
- Make sure your guitar or bass is in tune!
- Relax! Although you might feel under pressure, your assessor is as keen for you to do well as you are.
- Understand that the auditions cover all courses (both degrees and diplomas) within one discipline, and be prepared that you may not be recommended for the course you initially applied for.
- Treat your audition as a performance – there may be no audience, but give it the same energy and passion as you would if there was one in front of you.
- Forget to read the guidelines!
- Cancel your audition at the last minute or leave your preparation until just before your appointment.
- Sing in a key that doesn’t sit quite right within your vocal range (Vocals, Songwriting) – instead, change the arrangement accordingly or use another backing track.
- Forget to practise your techniques exercises, as per the guidelines.
- Assume that a recommendation means you have a definite place on the course. An official offer will be sent by the Admissions Team, which is often subject to meeting our academic requirements.
Ready to take the plunge?
Whether you’ve already applied or are just looking at your options, you can book your audition now. You can even audition before applying to BIMM and auditioning early is advised as it’s a chance to find out more about our courses. Call our Admissions Team on 08442 646 666 to secure your slot.
Don’t forget that our Admissions Team are always available to answer any more questions you might have. Just call 08442 646 666 or email email@example.com.
Good luck! We know you’ll give it your all… and we can’t wait to see what you’re made of!