Over the decades, many successful artists have made Berlin their home while they search to add creativity to their music. Just look at the likes of Bowie, Iggy Pop, Nicholas Cave, Peaches, Tricky and Richie Hawtin. In fact, it’s because of the city’s unique history that exploring routes and pushing boundaries are made entirely possible.
And BIMM Berlin is at the epicentre of Europe’s music scene. Our students thrive in the city’s creative, experimental and international environment. The close connection to Berlin’s international music scene means that our students have direct access to some of the most iconic music venues, record labels, festivals and music brands in the world.
House of Music
BIMM Berlin students attend lessons in in the R.A.W area at the intersection of Berlin’s two most creative districts: Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain. It all takes place in our brand-new creative hub, ‘House of Music’, which is packed with state-of-the-art professional facilities.
In Spring 2019, BIMM made a major investment in our new home. The building had a complete renovation from a derelict shell to a prestigious facility. Our position in the building currently includes over 2,000m2 of space spread across two floors.
Every single room has been purpose-built with our students in mind and all our equipment and software is delivered by the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers who actively support and endorse us. You’re never far from an Orange amp, Marshall amp or Apple Mac!
“BIMM’S NEW FUTURISTIC CAMPUS IS AT HOME IN R.A.W. STUDENTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD MEET IN THIS FORMER RAILWAY REPAIR YARD AND SLOT INTO DOZENS OF WORKSTATIONS WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, LAYING DOWN TRACKS IN DEDICATED RECORDING FACILITIES THAT WILL RIVAL ANYTHING IN TOWN”
– Chad Matheny, Music Business and Live Sound Tutor
Our BIMM facilities:
Our students have daily access to a range of incredible facilities in House of Music, such as:
- A state-of-the-art recording studio
- Two huge live performance spaces
- Several Mac labs
- Tutorial rooms
- A variety of teaching rooms
- A community networking space
- Access to more than 20 professional rehearsal rooms (courtesy of our noisy Rooms partners)
- A small public live stage on the ground floor (where we host our Lamplight sessions)
- The ‘House of Music’ café, (perfect for grabbing a snack between classes or socialising after school)
- High-tech equipment, such as instruments and backline PA from some of the most respected brands in music and industry-standard production software and hardware
The BIMM Berlin building itself is a music industry hub with an equipment hire service, music accessories shop, several independent creative music businesses and more.
All of these great features give BIMM Berlin students an instant connection to the local creative music community and equips students with everything they need to get their music career off the ground.
Or if you’ve decided then BIMM Berlin is the place for you, there’s still time to join us for this academic year, starting in October 2019!