BIMM Institute Hamburg Facilities
As a student at BIMM Institute Hamburg, you’ll have direct access to state-of-the-art professional facilities – with equipment and software delivered by the world’s leading music instrument manufacturers who actively support and endorse us.
And if you thought our facilities couldn’t get any better, think again. If you’re starting your studies in September 2021, we’re proud to welcome you to our brand-new teaching space near the Karostar Musikhaus in St. Pauli, Hamburg. Our new college will be a real paradise for music aficionados, and right in the epicentre of Hamburg’s music industry.
We will be lucky to have over 40 music companies as our neighbours, including the iconic record store Hanseplatte, the music marketing experts of KRANZMUSIK, La Lupa Music Publishing, and Knust, one of Hamburg’s most iconic clubs. Knust has hosted gigs from world-renowned artists such as Napalm Death, Ty Segall and Buzzcocks. You can enjoy the ‘Knust Acoustics’ that take place outside in the sunny square during the summer months, just next door to our college.
You’ll be rubbing shoulders with the most prestigious event promoters, venue managers, music producers and artists from around the globe. Additionally, there are three iconic record stores nearby, as well as the flea market “Schanzenflohmarkt,” which is held each Saturday and a perfect place to discover unique things for your apartment, record collection or wardrobe!
BIMM Institute Hamburg has Ableton Certified Training Centre status. This means that you’ll begin your music career in our bright and comfortable classrooms, soundproofed performance spaces, high-tech production facilities, top-of-the-range Mac suites, and backline-fitted rehearsal studios. Plus, Music Production students have access to recording facilities at Chefrock Studios. Not bad, right?
We look forward to being able to show you around our new college facilities. For now, BIMM Institute Hamburg Songwriting student Colleen Livingston is your guide for a video tour of our current facilities.
As a student, you will have access to a range of incredible facilities at BIMM Institute Hamburg. These include spacious multi-purpose rooms, high-tech rehearsal spaces and tutorial rooms.
Take a closer look at our fully-loaded Mac suites, multi-purpose performance space with industry-standard equipment, and light-filled studying and networking atrium, complete with snuggly sofas and so much more.
- Mac Labs: You will have access to two Ableton Certified Mac suites. The labs will offer the latest Apple hardware with all the industry-standard software installed, such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live Suite, Native Instruments Komplete and a wide range of fantastic third-party plugins and software instruments. On top of the iMacs, we will have Focusrite audio interfaces, controller keyboards and Ableton Push controllers so that you can translate your performance into the software world.
- Multi-purpose Rooms: Our inspiring multi-purpose rooms will be equipped with high-spec full backline, akin to a professional venue, with excellent acoustic treatment and soundproofing. These spaces will be available for students to use for rehearsals, and lectures will also take place here.
- Lecture Rooms: Lessons and industry Masterclasses will happen in these rooms. We will bring some of the most amazing people in music direct to your classroom as part of our regular Masterclass sessions. The rooms are flooded with natural sunlight and available for our students to use as quiet study space when not being used for teaching.
- Development/Production Room: Need to put down a killer vocal, demo your latest track, experiment with new sounds and instruments or work out that tricky arrangement with your bandmates? This room is specifically designed to encourage you to experiment. Book into the production room and bring your own equipment or rent some of the synths, guitars, mics and effects from BIMM’s locker to create that unique sound.
- Tutorial Rooms: Here, we will provide space for you to meet your lecturers, receive careers advice, or have pastoral guidance from our friendly Student Support Team. Besides spending time in class, you’ll be given an allocated number of hours per term for one-on-one, bespoke tutorials with our expert industry lecturers. You will have the incredible opportunity to book tutorials with your course lecturers and any lecturer across the college that may be beneficial to your development.
- Atrium: The reception area will have a beautiful, spacious atrium. This large open area is where you will be able to study, network and socialise before your classes.
- Music Production: As a Music Production student, your production classes will be taught at professional recording studio Chefrock Studios. Designed by Studio Magazine’s owner and editor-in-chief Fritz Fey, Chefrock Studios has an endless list of impressive features. These include the main control room – equipped with an analogue Neumann console – and a vast range of analogue outboard equipment. Chefrock also boasts a large recording room, a vocal booth and a client lounge.
- Performance Spaces: Our close ties with the music industry mean that as a Performance or Songwriting student, you will have your group performance classes in the live music venue, Jolly Jumper. This lets you practice performing in a real-life setting, right in the heart of Sternschanze.
Studying at BIMM Institute means that you’ll instantly become part of the Hamburg music scene. That’s because we collaborate with the city’s music organisations and local initiatives so you can use real-world facilities and broaden your experience.
We have very close partnerships with leading European companies and reputable Hamburg organisations, such as FKP Scorpio, Warner Music, Audiolith Records, PIAS Records, iZotope, and Ableton. Because of these connections, you’ll have access to industry internships, work placements and networking opportunities that you won’t find anywhere else.
Our college is also an Ableton Certified Training Centre. This means that as a Music Production student, you’ll develop the latest industry knowledge, skills and techniques under the tuition of leading experts while using the very best audio editing software and equipment.
The partnership also means that as a BIMM Institute Hamburg student, you’ll have access to substantial education discounts on Ableton products, which could pocket you savings of up to a massive 40% off.
Come and see for yourself
Experience BIMM Institute for yourself by attending one of our Open Days or Personal Tours. We also hold regular Virtual Open Days on Zoom, so you can discover everything from the comfort of your own home, and chat to our current students and friendly Admissions Team.
To start on your journey to a life in music today, enquire below or alternatively, contact our admissions team directly on +49 (0)40 874 09 632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.