BIMM Institute Berlin announces the Fabian Wagner Filmmaking Scholarship
With our state-of-the-art Screen & Film Faculty opening its doors in Autumn 2022, we are delighted to announce another scholarship opportunity for aspiring filmmakers: the Fabian Wagner Scholarship.
In collaboration with cinematographer Fabian Wagner (Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The Crown, Overlord, Justice League), BIMM Institute Berlin has established a second incredible scholarship opportunity for Filmmaking students at our brand new Screen & Film Faculty. The Fabian Wagner Scholarship will support one talented student pursuing a BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at BIMM Institute Berlin and is available to EU nationals or applicants with permanent residency in an EU country.
The successful applicant will receive a full scholarship for all three years of study from September 2022. This scholarship represents our ongoing commitment to supporting aspiring creatives as they forge their career.
Born in Munich, Fabian Wagner is a cinematographer truly at the top of the game. Having worked as Director of Photography on massive international productions including Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The Crown, and many more, he represents one of the most celebrated and talented cinematographers today.
Fabian is already part of the wider BIMM Institute family and has been a patron of Screen & Film School Manchester since 2021. We are thrilled that Fabian will also become part of our community here in Berlin.
Applying for the Fabian Wagner Scholarship at BIMM Institute Berlin
You’re eligible to apply for this scholarship if:
- You are an EU national or a permanent resident of an EU country
- You have received and accepted an offer of study for September 2022 entry onto the BA (Hons) Filmmaking course at BIMM Institute Berlin
Not yet applied to join us in September?
To ensure you are eligible to apply for the scholarship, you should submit your application to study at BIMM Institute Berlin as soon as possible. This will allow you to complete all the necessary steps as smoothly as possible with minimal stress. The application process includes:
- Successful completion of an applicant portfolio review for BA (Hons) Filmmaking and;
- Receiving and accepting a conditional* or an unconditional offer of study for BA (Hons) Filmmaking from the BIMM Institute Admissions Team.
*Conditions can include visa, academic or English language requirements for entry to BIMM Institute.
Please visit our How to Apply webpage for further instructions on the application process, or begin your application using our online Application Form.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Admissions Team at +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email email@example.com.
How to apply for the Fabian Wagner Scholarship
Details of how to apply for the Fabian Wagner Scholarship will be announced during a live workshop at BIMM Institute Berlin’s brand-new filmmaking facilities on 7th July 2022.
Fabian’s workshop will form part of a wider experience day available to applicants at BIMM Institute Berlin. Alongside hands-on, expert-led filmmaking workshops from Fabian and one of our Filmmaking lecturers, attendees will be amongst the first to explore our newest location in Berlin.
A recording of Fabian’s workshop will be available to view at a later date on our website and social media.
The link to submit your application will be made available following Fabian’s workshop.
Applications will be received until 23:59 CEST on 5th August 2022.
Applicants will be notified in writing on or after 15th August 2022 about the outcome of their scholarship application.
Terms and Conditions of the Fabian Wagner Filmmaking Scholarship
- All applicants for the Fabian Wagner Scholarship need to have applied to study for the BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at BIMM Institute Berlin and have accepted their offer of study by the scholarship deadline of 5th August 2022.
- The Fabian Wagner Scholarship is only applicable to September 2022 entry BA (Hons) Filmmaking students at BIMM Institute Berlin’s Screen and Film Faculty. It does not apply to the BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at any other BIMM Institute college, nor will it impact your fees/funding eligibility at other BIMM Institute college locations.
- The scholarship winner agrees to be part of a marketing campaign (blog posts, social media, interviews) throughout the time of studies at BIMM Institute Berlin.
- The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for one student and is non-transferrable.
- Students who qualify for EU fees can apply for the scholarship. For full details of whether this applies to you, please see our Fees & Finance page.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees alone. Any additional costs (such as for offsite event attendance/exhibition/film projects/materials) will not be covered by the scholarship and must be funded using alternative sources.
- In the instance of the scholarship winner not accepting their place of study at BIMM Institute, the scholarship will then be offered to a runner-up (decided by Fabian Wagner and BIMM Institute academic staff).
- The Fabian Wagner Scholarship is only applicable for entry in September 2022. If you decline or defer your place to September 2023 entry or later, you cannot carry the scholarship over and it will be offered to a runner-up.
- If you decide to defer your entry to a later academic year, you are welcome to re-apply for a new bursary or scholarship initiative applicable to that year of entry.
Photo Credit: Helen Sloan/HBO
If you require any further assistance, please contact the BIMM Institute Germany Admissions Team at +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org