BIMM Institute Berlin: Tim Pope Filmmaking Scholarship 2022/23
At BIMM Institute, we’re committed to supporting you in achieving your dream film career, no matter your background or financial situation. So, with the opening of the Screen and Film Faculty at BIMM Institute Berlin, we are delighted to offer an exclusive scholarship to a talented, dedicated applicant and student – awarded by our patron Tim Pope.
BIMM Institute Berlin has established an amazing scholarship with our patron Tim Pope dedicated to supporting one student throughout their studies.
The successful applicant will receive a full scholarship for all three years of study from September 2022. This scholarship is available for the new BA (Hons) Filmmaking from Autumn 2022. It’s part of our dedication to seeing you kick-start your industry career in the strongest way possible.
We will then follow your journey during your studies as you develop your craft, explore your creativity, and follow your passion. As a scholarship winner, you will also have the exclusive opportunity on some mentoring sessions with Tim Pope.
Tim Pope is a filmmaker who has worked across TV, documentaries, captured live concerts, created short films and has worked in Hollywood to direct “The Crow: City of Angels”. Tim has been creating unique and thought-provoking music videos since the birth of MTV in the 1980s and has worked with bands such as David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Queen, Talk Talk, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Soft Cell, The Style Council and others… however, he is best known for being UK’s alternative-rock group The Cure’s almost exclusive director when it came to making their promotional music videos. Pope has directed more videos for The Cure than any other band, with a whopping 21 total!
We are proud that Tim, as patron of BIMM Institute Berlin, will award one student the opportunity to make their first steps into a professional career in the film industry.
Are you eligible to apply for the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship?
You’re eligible to apply for our scholarship if you have applied and are either holding an offer or have accepted an offer of study for September 2022 entry onto the BA (Hons) Filmmaking course at BIMM Institute Berlin, and you meet our application criteria below.
Not yet applied to join in September 2022?
Don’t worry if you’ve not yet applied to study with us in September 2022; there’s still time. However, please be advised that your scholarship application will not be considered if you haven’t applied and received an offer, or accepted your place of study with us, by the deadline of 15th July 2022.
We highly recommend submitting your completed application to study at BIMM Institute Berlin as soon as possible. This will allow you to sail through our application process as smoothly as possible with minimal stress. The application process includes:
- Successful completion of an applicant portfolio review for BA (Hons) Filmmaking and;
- Receiving and/ or accepting a conditional* or an unconditional offer of study for BA (Hons) Filmmaking from the BIMM Institute Admissions Team.
*Conditions can include visa, academic or English language requirements for entry to BIMM Institute.
Please visit our How to apply page for further instructions on the application process. You can access our Online Undergraduate Direct Application Form via the How to Apply page or by using this link.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Admissions Team at +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email email@example.com.
How to apply for the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship
Please note that the deadline for this scholarship was 15th July 2022 and the application process is closed. Late submissions will not be considered.
The winner will be notified in writing on or after 15th August 2022.
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship must answer a series of questions using our online Scholarship Application Form. Submissions will be reviewed by our academic staff and Tim Pope after the closing date.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the deadline for submission, which was 23:59 CEST 15th July 2022.
If successful, you will be notified in writing on or after the decision date of 15th August.
The questions should be responded to in English and answer the following questions:
- Can you describe a particular filmmaker whose career progression you admire, and why?
- How do you feel Equality & Diversity issues can be addressed within the film industry?
- What are your career goals?
- Who are your film and creative influences?
Please include links to any kind of evidence of your work supporting your essay e.g., links to social media around releases / demos / events / videos you have created / stream of a show / blogs you have written / articles you have published / mood boards / websites you have designed / press releases / EPKs you have created / references from placements or internships.
Additionally, please feel free to include academic quotes/ citations if you feel it supports your answers.
The Tim Pope Scholarship Application form must be submitted on or before 15th July 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
What happens next?
We will record your Scholarship Application and review all submissions after the deadline of 15th July 2022. This will be reviewed by a panel of BIMM Institute staff and Tim Pope.
The successful applicant will be notified in writing on or after 15th August 2022.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship Payment:
- All entrants to the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship need to have applied for study on the BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at BIMM Institute Berlin and be holding either a conditional or unconditional offer of study by the scholarship deadline of 15th July 2022.
- Applicants who have accepted their offer of study by the scholarship deadline are also eligible for entry to the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship.
- The Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship is only applicable to September 2022 entry BA (Hons) Filmmaking students at BIMM Institute Berlin’s Screen and Film Faculty. It is not applicable to the BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at any other BIMM Institute college, nor will it impact your fees/ funding eligibility at other BIMM Institute college locations.
- The scholarship winner agrees to be part of a marketing campaign (blog posts, social media, interviews) throughout the time of studies at BIMM Institute Berlin.
- The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for one student and is non-transferrable.
- Students of all fee bands (EU and non-EU fees) can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees alone. Any additional costs (such as for offsite event attendance/ exhibition/ film projects or materials) will not covered by the scholarship and must be funded using alternative sources.
- In the instance of the scholarship winner not accepting their place of study at BIMM Institute, the scholarship will then be offered to a runner-up (decided by Tim Pope and BIMM Institute academic staff)
- The Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship is only applicable for entry in September 2022. If you decline or defer your place to September 2023 entry or later, you cannot carry the scholarship over and it will be offered to a runner-up
- If you decide to defer your entry to a later academic year, you are welcome to re-apply for a new bursary or scholarship initiative applicable to that year of entry.
Photo Credit: Mirrorpix
If you require any further assistance, please contact the BIMM Institute Germany Admissions Team at +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org