BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
A 3 year full-time degree available at:
Establish your own exciting route in the live music sector with BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance. This course is perfect if you’re a Bassist, Drummer, Guitarist or Vocalist looking to take your technical, performance and musicianship skills to a professional level.
The programme combines core topics such as performance, technique, musicianship, theory and technology to help you find and develop your niche as a performer.
You’ll be able to further tailor your course to your own artistic and career aims through our wide range of optional modules. These include a specific focus in areas such as creative performance, session skills, songwriting, composing, arranging and more. You’ll become equipped you with the skills and drive required to be successful in any musical situation.
You’ll become fully immersed in the flourishing BIMM community with plenty of opportunities to collaborate with a diverse range of talented peers. And you’ll spend a lot of time on stage, too. You’ll have the chance to play live and perform with your fellow students. Throughout these performances, you’ll receive expert guidance from our BIMM lecturers.
Our lecturers who guide you through your studies are all experienced and highly sought after professionals with invaluable expertise and experience that will help you progress through the course.
Day-to-day learning will be in large live rooms, smaller studio settings and lecture-based classrooms using our world-class facilities.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your career in Popular Music Performance today.
Mode of attendance: Full-time
Length of course: This course is taught as a three-year course at levels four, five and six.
Awarding institution: BIMM University (UK)
Campus delivery: Berlin
Language of study: English
Final award: BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
Credits: 180 ECTS (60 ECTS per year of study)// 360 FHEQ (UK) Level credits (120 FHEQ credits per year of study)
- 31st January 2023: Early application deadline
- 18th July 2023: Final deadline
All applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview with BIMM University Berlin (details provided on application).
Academic entry criteria meeting a minimum of 32 UCAS points, equivalent to:
- General Higher Education entrance certificate (Award of Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife/ Abitur, or a Fachgebundene Hochschulreife/ Fachhochschulreife) with an overall average grade of 3.4, including a minimum grade of 10 on the English component (Leistungsfach) on the Abiturprüfung.
- 2 A-levels at Grade C or above, or BTEC Level 3 equivalent, and and normally three GCSEs at a minimum grade C/4, including English Language.
- Please reference the Entry Requirements webpage for additional international qualification equivalencies. For applicants with significant prior professional experience and aged 19-years or older, offers may be made under the BIMM University Recognition of Prior Practice Policy.
- Proof of English Language proficiencyis required if English is not your first language. BIMM University Berlin requires equivalent to Level B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Graduates can progress directly to employment in the music industry in roles such as a Solo Performer, Band Member, Session Musician, or Songwriter
As part of Europe’s most successful group of music colleges, BIMM University Berlin is uniquely positioned to offer outstanding value and quality.
We’re dedicated to giving our students the best music education possible – which means accessing our globally successful first-rate lecturers in high-tech locations at the heart of Germany’s music scene.
Such cutting-edge facilities can be expensive, but we make sure all BIMM University Berlin courses are great value for money – representing a practical and affordable investment for your future career in the music industry.
Choose your optional modules.
Our undergraduate degree courses allow you to define your own route to success via a range of optional modules. First, you’ll learn the necessary employability skills and find where you’ll fit in the industry. Then, you’ll be able to build your course according to your interests and career aspirations.
The optional modules advertised as available for BIMM University Berlin courses are subject to variation dependant on minimum student numbers and the availability of specialist resources at each college (Please refer to our terms and conditions for further detail).
For any questions regarding our courses or if you’d like more information on how to apply to BIMM University Berlin, please contact our Admissions Team on +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.