Future Talent Scholarship
Are you looking to take your talent further and progress in your creative career but wondering how you will be able to fund your studies? We understand that studying at university can be a challenging financial commitment, which is why we offer several scholarships and bursaries to help you achieve your ambitions, whatever your background.
Launching for September 2024 entry, the new Future Talent Scholarships provide full 3-year tuition fee for undergraduate students studying courses in music, film, acting or creative technology. These scholarships are aimed at candidates from low-income households and/or groups under-represented in the creative industries. We are looking to support those who demonstrate talent in their chosen discipline, strong creative potential, and a high motivation for a career in the creative industries.
The scholarship offers financial support, a supportive training environment, and a skills and career development programme designed to support progression to future careers in the creative industries.
Who can apply
You can apply for the Future Talent Scholarship if you:
- are applying to a 3-year undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree in the upcoming 2024/25 academic year,
- are from a low household income, and/or
- are from an under-represented group in higher education* and,
- presently reside in Germany as either a German-national, or you have permanent residency status or refugee status.
*Under-represented groups include students who are:
- from a global majority background
- residing in Germany as a person of asylum or a refugee
- a care leaver, care experienced or estranged
- mature students
- part of the LGBTQ+ community, or from a gender-diverse background
How to apply
You will first need to apply to study at BIMM University Berlin for a 3-year undergraduate degree commencing in September 2024, via the Application Portal. Once you have applied, you will be sent a scholarship application form.
Scholarship applications close on 31st July 2024. Scholarships will only be awarded to those who accept an offer of a place at BIMM University Berlin and complete the enrolment process.
What happens next
A panel will assess applications shortly after the scholarship application deadline. We will contact you regarding the outcome of your application shortly after the panel has met.
As this is a competitive process, we strongly recommend that all applicants independently investigate alternative funding avenues such as BAföG.
For any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.