BA (Hons) Music Business
A 3 year full-time degree available at:
Nurture your creative flair and build core skills as a music business entrepreneur in this exciting and growing industry.
With BA (Hons) Music Business, you’ll have opportunities to expand your knowledge of the industry across a wide range of subject areas. You will develop an understanding of a broader business context, too, focusing on planning and forecasting, financing, creativity and digital marketing.
Our well-connected lecturers will guide and mentor your professional development. They’ll support you in your project management and business skills across areas such as artist management, self-employment, traditional and digital marketing, music publishing, copyright legislation, social media, the live industry, music recording and distribution.
As your course progresses, you’ll have the flexibility to choose options. These options give you the chance to specialise in your unique area of interest as professional practitioners.
You’ll also be able to experience the music business through your chosen city’s gigs, musicians and venues and by automatically joining our inspiring BIMM community.
You can gain ‘hands-on’ industry knowledge via our work experience opportunities with a wide range of music-focused employers that you won’t find anywhere else.
Alternatively, we’ll wholeheartedly support you in entrepreneurial ventures of your own design.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your career in Music Business today.
Mode of attendance: Full-time
Length of course: This course is taught as a three-year course at levels four, five and six.
Awarding institution: BIMM University (UK)
Campus delivery: Berlin
Language of study: English
Final award: BA (Hons) Music Business
Credits: (60 ECTS per year of study)// 360 FHEQ (UK) Level credits (120 FHEQ credits per year of study)
- 31st January 2023: Early application deadline
- 18th July 2023: Final deadline
All applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview with BIMM Institute (details provided on application).
Academic entry criteria meeting a minimum of 64 UCAS points, equivalent to:
- General Higher Education entrance certificate (Award of Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife/ Abitur, or a Fachgebundene Hochschulreife/ Fachhochschulreife) with an overall average grade of 3.0, including a minimum grade of 10 on the English component (Leistungsfach) on the Abiturprüfung.
- 2 A-levels at Grade C or above, or BTEC Level 3 equivalent, and and normally three GCSEs at a minimum grade C/4, including English Language.
- Please reference the Entry Requirements webpage for additional international qualification equivalencies. For applicants with significant prior professional experience and aged 19-years or older, offers may be made under the BIMM University Recognition of Prior Practice Policy.
- Proof of English Language proficiencyis required if English is not your first language. BIMM Institute requires equivalent to Level B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Graduates can progress directly to employment in the music industry in roles such as a DIY Artist/Manager, Record Label Executive, A&R Manager, Publisher, PR and Marketing Manager, or Digital Communications Manager.
As part of Europe’s most successful group of music colleges, BIMM Institute is uniquely positioned to offer outstanding value and quality.
We’re dedicated to giving our students the best music education possible – which means accessing our globally successful first-rate lecturers in high-tech locations at the heart of Germany’s music scene.
Such cutting-edge facilities can be expensive, but we make sure all BIMM Institute courses are great value for money – representing a practical and affordable investment for your future career in the music industry.
Choose your optional modules.
Our undergraduate degree courses allow you to define your own route to success via a range of optional modules. First, you’ll learn the necessary employability skills and find where you’ll fit in the industry. Then, you’ll be able to build your course according to your interests and career aspirations.
The optional modules advertised as available for BIMM Institute courses are subject to variation dependant on minimum student numbers and the availability of specialist resources at each college (Please refer to our terms and conditions for further detail).
For any questions regarding our courses or if you’d like more information on how to apply to BIMM Institute, please contact our Admissions Team on +49 (0)30 311 99 186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.